Welcome to the website of the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Croatia.
We hope that here you will be able to find all the information you need regarding the responsibilities of the Ministry.
The Ministry is also responsible for the following: keeping the records and statistics concerning the internal affairs, the internal affairs information system and the education and training of the Ministry’s officials. The Ministry also carries out other activities under its competency in line with special legislation.
The Ministry of the Interior deals with the tasks related to the following:
- police, criminal police, border police and special police activities
- administrative affairs related to citizens’ residence and documents, citizenship, aliens and asylum
- administrative and other affairs in the area of fire and technological explosion protection, production and trade in explosive substances, humanitarian demining, security and detective affairs
- administrative and expert affairs related to civil protection and rescue services
- inspection affairs in the area of civil protection, firefighting, fire protection, production and trade in explosive substances and weapons, private protection and detective affairs, and mine action
- administrative and expert affairs related to radiological and nuclear safety
- administrative and expert affairs related to ionising radiation protection
- inspection affairs related to radiological and nuclear safety, and tasks carried out in emergency situations concerning ionising radiation sources
- implementation of obligations assumed by the Republic of Croatia under international conventions, treaties and agreements related to the ionising radiation protection, nuclear safety and application of protection measures aimed at non-proliferation of nuclear weapons
- administrative and expert affairs related to working in places endangered by explosive atmospheres
- administrative and expert affairs related to demining
- forensic examination, research and expertise.
The Ministry is also responsible for the following: keeping the records and statistics concerning the internal affairs; the internal affairs information system; education and training of internal affairs officers.
The Ministry collaborates with the ministry responsible for managing state property in affairs related to managing shares and share capital of companies that constitute the state property owned by the Republic of Croatia and with regard to companies principally engaged in activities in the areas that are under the responsibility of this Ministry.
The Ministry carries out tasks related to the participation of the Republic of Croatia in the work of the European Union bodies in the areas of its responsibility.
The Ministry also carries out other tasks that it is responsible for under special legislation.