Traffic accident involving a foreign vehicle

In case of an accident involving a vehicle with foreign registration plates, a police officer who conducted the traffic accident investigation has to give the vehicle owner a report on vehicle damage needed for crossing the state border.

There is no prescribed list of documents that a police station in whose jurisdiction the accident occurred should give to a foreign national involved in a traffic accident. All the documents are delivered as requested in writing.

The most frequently requested document by foreign nationals and insurance companies is a traffic accident investigation report.