What if I lose my documents?

In case of a loss of the travel document or ID card with which the alien entered Croatia, the loss should be reported to the nearest police station.

After reporting the loss, if they hold no other valid document for crossing the national border, the alien must contact the diplomatic mission/consular office of their country in Croatia in order to obtain a travel certificate allowing them to return to their country of origin.

The loss of belongings is handled by the Ministry of the Interior. The belongings will be kept for a limited period of time at the police station whose area they were found in. The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs will then inform the competent diplomatic mission/consular office of their finding.